new law!!!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maxtor, I think you could modify your first line by changing the word "cities" to "countries".

Dave

Dave;

I disagree,,, the glaring difference is the demographics in the cities. We are talking about a 25 mile distance, but a huge difference in crime. I am sure that in Canada, they also have there crime ridden cities.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Not like our country. I have seen many parts of Canada, and you are correct. They do have crime, but not like we do.

Dave

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
There are no concealed weapons permits in Canada. If you are cought with a weapon of any kind it is a serious offense.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Didn't some part of Canada recently pass a law that modified vehicles [street racing] could be confiscated and crushed? I know I read it but can't remember where.

atk

Reaction score
just read in the paper that since they past this law, they have pulled over 1300 people within a 6 week period. they all had there license suspened and vehicle taken away for 7 days....also will be fined 2000.00 to 10000.00 cdn..

also just herd on radio today, the police caught a guy doing 190km in a 80km
zone...can you say busted....

yeah this may be a money grab, but they do need to get people to slow down
a bit....

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Things are a lot different in Canada, especially now. Crime rates in Windsor are the size of a pin compared to Detroit which these cities are about a 1/2 mile apart. I wish that such a law would get passed here in the states. I was on my way north on I75 towing a tractor with a blower atachment and almost had my trip stopped short by care less drivers. Just passing through Saginaw, in the right lane, some guy passes me using the merge lane and the shoulder. After going around me he went across the other 3 lanes within 5 feet of the front of each car. To my amazement there was a state trooper sitting in the emergency turnaround that saw the whole thing. Situations like this could end in a tragedy and a such law could lower the willingness to do stupid stuff.

well, it ain't been too long in Michigan, when double the speed limit was automatic jail time...

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
well, it ain't been too long in Michigan, when double the speed limit was automatic jail time...

I didn't hear about that one. :dunno That is good though as long as there are officers to enforce it. Most state troopers are limited to 50 miles a shift to keep costs down and Granholm may want to eliminate police to save some money. :rant

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I didn't hear about that one. :dunno That is good though as long as there are officers to enforce it. Most state troopers are limited to 50 miles a shift to keep costs down and Granholm may want to eliminate police to save some money. :rant

that's a "was" actually...
when they made speed a civil, rather than a criminal infraction (1978 or so?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14