New Member From Michigan

elliotthere

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just signed up,we lost our tow vehicle last fall totaled out E350 Super Duty
V10.I'm looking for a 2003-05 Excursion 6.0L 4X4, I would appreciate any information, such as eng1ne build dates etc. Also is there a link to Oasis for service records.I read the 6.0L has some problems,can it be made dependable?
I also read the 5 spd. trans was a good one. Before retiring in '99, I was a trans
man at a dealer, but never got a chance to work on a 5 speed.

Thanks for any help
Dave

twotonevert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I cant answer your questions, but there is a lot of good reading on here and very knowledgeable folks.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Excursion

VIN to the local dealer will get you the Oasis report and as for the VT365 there are alot out there with a ton of miles and little repair history BUT if you don't take care of it it WILL break as with everything else. I would stay away from the first year of that engine unless it's been kept up with and all the common failure points have been resolved ie branch tubes, HPOP, case to head tubes, injectors, egr system etc. I have had a bunch pulling 30,000lb chassis's that lasted 250K - 300K but they had strict maintenence schedules. My personal opinion is the old dog T444E will keep going and going and going, won't go fast or snap your neck but it won't let you down, it's a very loyal engine...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:SDD The Oasis is Ford's internal network and there is no internet access to the public. You have to take the VIN to a dealer and he can look it up. IHC is right in his assessment of the VT365, so be looking for a 04 or later. Maintenance is the key! Good Luck

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14