New member new truck

cyclohill

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am from Houston and just bought a new 2014 F250 Lariat 4x4. Green metallic black interior. Traded in a Transit van imagine that

cyclohill

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks... its funny my wife asked me what the difference was between this and the Transit....well it didn't take much once she saw it and sat in it

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am from Houston and just bought a new 2014 F250 Lariat 4x4. Green metallic black interior. Traded in a Transit van imagine that

I know the feeling... but the other way... I once traded in a full trick 425 HP, Cyclone GT... On a Vega !!! (got married.. kid on the way thing)

Welcome Aboard !!! Yer guna Love that 6.7. Lots'a good folks here.

Joe

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once traded in a full trick 425 HP, Cyclone GT... On a Vega !!! (got married.. kid on the way thing)Joe

But Joe a VEGA....LOL

I know that feeling.
Hey Joe was the motor in your car build by Holman moody?? I had a 69 Cale Yarborough, Mercury cyclone spoiler II with the 429 Holman moody motor in it. It was all stock from FOMOCO. The car has a white body with the red roof with the red double strips down the side. How I got the car was I was working on a old lady house fixing some thing for her. Her husband of 65 years had pass on and it had been sitting in the garage out back for 15 years untouched. She would not drive it, it was his baby. The garage was ready to fall down and I asked her what she wanted to do with it. She said take it. I cant drive it so you take it. So I did and finished my work at no charge. Took me a good day but it fired up and ran great.

Here is a photo of one that looked like mine.

800px-Merury_Cyclone_Spoiller_II_Cale.jpg

I miss that car it was a fun car to drive. But have to pay the bills.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to Steal this Thread but.....

:lmao Yep.. A Vega... Mine was just a 66 Cyclone GT with a 390 (Cleveland) that I pumped up. Bored'n Stroked, Isky roller cam'n lifters, 2 850 Holly's on a "Offy" High Rise, Mallory DP & coil, Cool can, Hookers, 4" exhaust, BIG clutch, 2 speed (3:56/4:88) rear end.. and a Bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

BIG change to the Vega.. But before I was dun with that.. It had a lightly pumped.. Small Block 350 in it..... :lmao:lmao

Joe

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry cyclohill for Steal this Thread. Us old motor head get going on trucks and old car talk and we don't stop. But hey welcome aboard. You'll find this sometime we start talking about a problem or about how nice someone truck looks and then were out talking hunting and fishing or something that has nothing to do with anything.

Joe In my high school days my shop teacher had a vega hatch back. He put a Chevy 350 with 2 turbos in the back using a El-dorado trans. It took two years to build, my lord was that car fast. Give you some Idea, it was so fast it made telephone poles look like a picket fence.

cyclohill

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry cyclohill for Steal this Thread. Us old motor head get going on trucks and old car talk and we don't stop. But hey welcome aboard. You'll find this sometime we start talking about a problem or about how nice someone truck looks and then were out talking hunting and fishing or something that has nothing to do with anything.

Joe In my high school days my shop teacher had a vega hatch back. He put a Chevy 350 with 2 turbos in the back using a El-dorado trans. It took two years to build, my lord was that car fast. Give you some Idea, it was so fast it made telephone poles look like a picket fence.

No problem buddy I'm glad to be in. Love the jeep

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the jeep

Thanks It was my everyday driver until I got my truck. Then the wife want to drive the jeep, so it's taken a beating with her. It got rear ended by a Cadillac escalade. Needless to say the caddy came out with more damage to the front then the jeep. The 3/8 thick rear bumper did some damage to the tune of about 3k to the caddy, the jeep had about $3.25 in damage. That was for the bearing for the swing out tire mount that was damaged. I'm going to pull it off the road this summer and drop a 318 into it that I have and give it a paint job. The clear coat is peeling off now and I still cant figure out why that's happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14