New mod.....

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have seen a few Exs around here with what looks like the Range Rover sport "vents" ? at the rear of the front quarter panels like shown here:

http://136.8.154.52/l320/countryselector.html

I actually like the look, and LOGICALLY it seems it would evacuate a lot of air out of the engine compartment, but wondering about the thermodynamics of it - does it help or hurt (in my case the 6 liter deezle )?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know, you would think that it wouldn't hurt because the more hot air you can move out and more cool air you can bring in. Have you mocked up what it will look like on the side of the family bus. Have to see what others say. Would like to see pics of that mod.

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a heat extractor hood out there, saw one the other weekend on an F-350. Looks good, and should help while moving.

My brother always pops the hood after any drive to let off heat. Easy if you have a garage.

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X-Hibition said:
My brother always pops the hood after any drive to let off heat. Easy if you have a garage.

And I thought I was the only goober that did this. However, only after a long tow. A few years back I forgot to latch the hood on my Suburban. Drove away and at about 45MPH, guess what? I had to clean my seat after that one. :oops: And the mistake cost me two major league dimples on either side of the hood.

Of course, if anyone repeats this story I'll deny the whole thing.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
How many forums did you copy/paste this thread text to John?:D
Wanna get air out of the engine area the hood needs to be louvered:sweet
CHP_K9_CV_3.jpg

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
How many forums did you copy/paste this thread text to John?:D
Wanna get air out of the engine area the hood needs to be louvered:sweet
CHP_K9_CV_3.jpg

A. thats not in Texas, is it
B. is that a patrol car
C. WOW what a view

didnt they have a few pictures earlier of the new superduty with vents on the fenders much like the land rover
i did see an escalade (gussied up sub) that had em on the fenders , looked very pimp daddy, i may have to get some :D :eek:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
powerboatr said:
A. thats not in Texas, is it
B. is that a patrol car
C. WOW what a view
Car in the photo is a '05 Crown Vic as a K9 unit,exact location in California is unclear though there's a brush fire not too far in the distance.:eek:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
I just saw one those heat extractor hoods on a webiste with lifted rigs, was an an excuriosn.Looked pretty good.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
mille-ryan said:
I just saw one those heat extractor hoods on a webiste with lifted rigs, was an an excuriosn.Looked pretty good.
Kick that link to us Ryan as I'd like to see it :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg