new mods

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got everything together so that i could install new custom BD's from bean and cass and also do stealth pump system. These guys have been great, i sold my old injectors before i ordered the other ones and these guys did everything they could to speed things up so my truck wouldnt be down long. Gary spent alot of time on the phone answering dumb questions, which usually ended up in a 45min bs session :eek: lol.

Now on to the fun stuff-
Well if my truck wasnt a bad mofo 2 weeks ago, it certainly is now. Screw permagrin, i got wood :roflmao . I only tested my lowest two settings due to them being esentially stock programs with extra icp and very minimal timing. My daily driver setting (dynoed 488hp iirc) feels every bit as fast as my old 550 hp burn, i mean its f@#$^ insane and from what i can tell (dark out) it has almost no smoke. There is a puff, but when turbo spools the ol shortbus hauls ass. Boooooosht is up from 35-36 psi to 40 or a touch over. I have more traction problems than before, used to only break tires loose on slick streets now anythign under 40 mph when the turbo lites so do the tires :headbang:. Headed to track this weekend-weather permitting. Gonna do some #2 only passes and 1 stage nitrous passes to get a good comparison between this setup and the old 1 hpop/hybrid setup. Engine is smoother, quieter and crisper throttle response. I am extremley pleased with how it runs, its unbelievably smooth and tame until you mash the pedal then it'll flat out go.

mods added thus far are:

Stealth hpop w/ 2 IPR's
BD injectors from BDP
Custom injector work from Cass@ Full Force Diesel
and coming this weekend new tuning from Tony Wildman

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
lukecline said:
I finally got everything together so that i could install new custom BD's from bean and cass and also do stealth pump system. These guys have been great, i sold my old injectors before i ordered the other ones and these guys did everything they could to speed things up so my truck wouldnt be down long. Gary spent alot of time on the phone answering dumb questions, which usually ended up in a 45min bs session :eek: lol.

Now on to the fun stuff-
Well if my truck wasnt a bad mofo 2 weeks ago, it certainly is now. Screw permagrin, i got wood :roflmao . I only tested my lowest two settings due to them being esentially stock programs with extra icp and very minimal timing. My daily driver setting (dynoed 488hp iirc) ...

Me TOO! :sweet :roflmao

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:roflmao

Very nice Luke! I cant wait till you post up a new video from this next weekend.

What size are "BD" injectors?:dunno

Again, congrats on the wood....... errr...... new mods:roflmao :roflmao
-Stouff

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
somebody make sure and call Rich to get some video...

Rich, dont forget your press credentials this time :)

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AlaskaRedneK said:
:roflmao

Very nice Luke! I cant wait till you post up a new video from this next weekend.

What size are "BD" injectors?:dunno

Again, congrats on the wood....... errr...... new mods:roflmao :roflmao
-Stouff

Standard BD's are 240cc's give or take a little and have a 5 hole nozzle since they are actually for 6cyl dt530 engines. Mine are 275cc's, flowed and balanced with 7 hole .0085" nozzles. I'll post the times as soon as i get home from the track, hopefully the weather will cooperate.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
The begining of the end? Hope not, good luck and hope she holds togther!
Time to test those high dollar rods!
Rick H...

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no catching you now luke,thats ok you will be leaving a hole in the 12 secound club that i will fill when you join the 11 secound club:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg