New rims here, what color to powder coat?

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anodizing is more of a chemical process, where powdercoat is more like painting.

Powdercoat - the item is preped and cleaned, then electrically charged. The colored powder is also charged, but opposite of the item to be coated, so when it is sprayed out, it is attracted to the item. The item is them baked in an oven to set the coating.

Anodizing - it is basically an oxidation. There are several chemical baths, but I forget what chemicals are used. The first couple of baths clean the item, then the item is colored if need be, then it is sealed.

I read about the anodizing process in a magazine at work the other night, so take that with a grain of salt because I'm sure I left some things out.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
go with the lower color mike, and let me know when you want help with that leveling kit, I could do it wed, thurs, or fri, of this week, let me know.

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the lower gun metal grey color it'll look sweet, or leave the inside of the cut holes polished and contrasted with the grey on the rest.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
go with the lower color mike, and let me know when you want help with that leveling kit, I could do it wed, thurs, or fri, of this week, let me know.

Well i didnt get the leveling kit and i have already installed the lights and fuel tank :) so if you want to swing by to get your lights you can. I am in DE this week and will be in FL next week and may be in LA after that. I will send you a PM when you can come by the house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58