New roto tiller

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Yea, those things would definitely throw some snow. Keith

I was only 10 at the time, but remember it like is was yesterday.

One of the most famous snow plow/sweepers in NFL history.

In National Football League lore, the Snowplow Game refers to a regular-season game played between the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots on December 12, 1982.

Playing in a heavy snowstorm at New England's Foxboro Stadium, the two teams remained scoreless late into the game's fourth quarter. With 4:40 left to go in the game and on-field conditions worsening, Patriots coach Ron Meyer turned to the stadium's snowplow operator and - in the face of furious protests from Miami coach Don Shula - directed him to veer off course and clear a spot on the field for placekicker John Smith. Smith's subsequent field goal gave the Patriots what proved to be a winning 3-0 margin.

The following year, the NFL banned the use of snow plows on the field during a game.

Trivia
The snowplow driver, Mark Henderson, was serving a 15-year prison term for burglary and out on work release. He was released from prison a few years after the game. His plow was a John Deere tractor with a sweeper attached.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SNOW-BLAST 2000

1850 RPM, 3 MPH, 2000 Yds per hour.

Remember those ??

A Maintenance Nightmare.. Tranny took a dump on one, we pushed it with a 966 for the rest of the season. 12X12 timber, chained the 2 together, 2-way radio so the 2 operators could talk.. biggest hassle was keeping the 966 guy awake cuz in 5 minutes he was operating inside ONE BIG SNOWBALL.:roflmao :roflmao

OH YEA, park them in the shop at night so the start. Even then we would need to wave the ether can in front of the air cleaner. Not spray the ether, just wave the can and talk nice to the DD to get it to start. Break shear bolts contsantly. Keith

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH YEA, park them in the shop at night so the start. Even then we would need to wave the ether can in front of the air cleaner. Not spray the ether, just wave the can and talk nice to the DD to get it to start. Break shear bolts contsantly. Keith

Yep, ya had to hold yer mouth right to fire'm up. Never Did like the guys having to crawl in and around those BIG AZZ augers to change the shear pins. Usta carry a bucket full of pins, just to get a days work out of'm. I even carried some in my Weap. Carrier cuz some times they'd run out.

Dang things would Move Some Snow tho... Whoops, Memory Lane again ;) :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu ;tu ;tu

As I remember it, it was more like:

The United States Navy SEABEES: We Drink Beer, We Build & We Fight (If we need to)

;) :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg