New Ruger 10/22 missing parts.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I just picked up a new 10/22 for my boy using his hard earned cash. Pulled it out of the box once we got home and mounted up the scope. Once the scope was on I showed him how to load it and then went to unload it but the shell would not come out of the chamber. Fished it out and tried again but shell still would not come out. When I fished out the second shell a small spring came out too. Upon inspection I found that the spring was the Extractor Spring and the Extractor and Extractor Plunger are MIA. Not too sure why they were not installed at the factory but they are not there nor loose in the box. The next thing I did was read the fine print in the manual and there seems to be no warranty from Ruger? When a guy purchases a new gun the serial number and such are printed on the government form so I assume the store cannot exchange the gun for one with all the parts? This is a brand new rifle that has never been shot but parts are missing. I looked up the parts and both are only $.50 each but I am not a gunsmith and don't really see a reason why I should have to rebuild a new rifle. I was just wondering if any of you have ever had a similar situation and what my options are.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Thats the plan here in about an hour but with the serial number on the form they send in to the government are they going to be able to exchange it?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Yep it was doable and not even a PITA for me. They may have a stack of paperwork to do but they handed us a new rifle and out the door we went. :sweet

Mike SVOR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I love my 10-22!!!
I got the Choate folding stock, four Butler Creek 25 round mags and a Butler Creek speed loader. It can lay down some supression fire! hehe
Only use Federal rounds in it. I had quality issues with remingtons.

Got all the add-ons at midwayusa.com

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I love my 10-22!!!
I love mine too, have had it for 30 years. The other two boys have a Savage and a Marlin but they have never shot like my old 10-22 which is why we got this new one for the other boy. I have never had one problem with my old 10-22 after thousands of rounds. It came as quite a surprise when I found the new one to be incomplete. Must have just been a goof-up at the factory.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have had my 10-22 for 41 years and it has never screwed up. I don't know how many rounds have gone through it. I just walked into the local sporting goods store and plunked down $79 and took it home with me. I was 16 at the time. Times have changed.

Dave

dpantazis

Reaction score
crumm- congrats to your boy and good luck with the gun!

if he gets into it, consider 'upgrading' the gun. you don;t have to be a gunsmith to do it. it comes apart real easy.

i would recommend at least urethane bolt buffers, big head saftey, extended mag catch, makes for a better shooting experience. they are all cheap upgrades too.

dp

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my 10-22 for 41 years and it has never screwed up. I don't know how many rounds have gone through it. I just walked into the local sporting goods store and plunked down $79 and took it home with me. I was 16 at the time. Times have changed.

Dave

I was 16 when I walked into Western Auto and bought a 410 and a box of shells for $55.00 They sure have changed.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58