new stuff

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i haven't posted in a while, so i wanted to give an update... i just got a 4in magnaflow exhaust and a set of nitto terra grapplers. they left out the cat when they did the exhaust. the guy told me that the one that was on there wasn't the stock one, he said it was aftermarket and smaller than the stock one, so it was restrictive. i definately didn't want to restrict the new pipes...
i went with the nitto's because several people have recommended them. i hope i made the right choice. have any of y'all tried the tera grapplers? i'm hoping to get at least 50k out of em. i was also looking at the procomp extreme all-terrains, but i was told that they wear fast. i got 305/70r17's, which are 34" i think, no rubbing at all, so i might have to try out the 315's next time. anyone else do anything to their trucks lately?

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
congrats on the new upgrades man:sweet i almost went with the nitto's but needed a lil more aggresive tread i heard they cake up easy but im prolly off road more than most just because of my job. i havent talked to many people with the exterrains but the two guys i know personally got almost 60k out of em they just rotated them like every 3k or so but they loved them but everyone has their own thoughts about everything....well as far as what i have done lately besides changing the fluids and filters is that my new southbend clutch is getting put in today which is great i've been with little clutch for quite sometime and it sucks and the other night my buddy puled up in his new 1/2 ton gmc with that big v-8 and wanted to see how she'd run and i told him i had basically no clutch but im too competitive so i couldnt turn him down and yanked his a** thru 3 gears then couldnt hit 4th cuz of the clutch :lmao somehow he thinks he won or wouldve won if we could have gone all the way hopefully a fuel system is next :dunno

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
i have the pro comp xtreme all terrains and i love them . . i have 35x12.50R17. they are really good off road for and all terrain and ive had them on for probably 7 or so months now and they show hardly no wear at all . . the only complaint is they are a little noisy? maybe i just need an alignment though i dunno. but i would definatly recommend them to anyone

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yea, the terra grappler's don't have any road noise, but they are an all-terrain tire, so they aren't too aggressive either. i did notice last weekend when i was huntin that they did cake up a lil, but i didn't really stomp it on the trail to clear em out either. i really hate that the stock 17" wheels have so few tire sizes/brands.
ck- what kind of clutch did you wind up getting? do you like it better than the stock?

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i got a southbend clutch the one thats rated @ like 550hp i just picked it up this evening and it is awesome..way different from a stock even new takes a little getting used to but i think it will be well worth it from other people that ive talked to

superdub01

SDD USMC/Wyotech
Reaction score
i have the pro comp xtreme all terrains and i love them . . i have 35x12.50R17. they are really good off road for and all terrain and ive had them on for probably 7 or so months now and they show hardly no wear at all . . the only complaint is they are a little noisy? maybe i just need an alignment though i dunno. but i would definatly recommend them to anyone

iv had my XAT's (37X13.50 R17) for at least 45K and i love them. the sidewall is pretty aggressive which gives a cool look and is also functional at lower pressures. i do agree they are a little noisy, but we all drive diesels which are loud as hell, and thats cool. at least in my book anyway. so who cares about the tire noise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58