New SuperDuty PSD owner

MarkM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
She's here!

I picked her up around 1 PM today and enjoyed every minute of the ride home. Here are a few pictures. I would take more, but I think I'm going to go for a ride instead. I'll be back.....

CHPMustang

Reaction score
That's a mighty sharp truck:notworthy
The front shot looks a perfect candidate as an avatar:sweet

MarkM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

CHPMustang said:
That's a mighty sharp truck:notworthy
The front shot looks a perfect candidate as an avatar:sweet
Thanks!

Good idea. How's that avatar?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I know that you are a happy camper tonight.:sweet :sweet Can't sleep:burnit :burnit for thinking of that new ride satting out side the house tonight. I know,( been there done that). LOL I got my 06 in July of 05 and I still smile every time I get behind the wheel of that sweet little baby. Have fun this weekend.:thumbs :thumbs

MarkM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First weekend with my truck

It was a beautiful weekend in New England and I found every excuse in the book to get my new truck out on the road. I love this truck!!!

I made several trips to the dump, home depot and even started clearing some of my back yard just so I would have something else to take to the dump. :) A friend of mine has been wanting to clean out his garage for the past few years, so we filled up the 8-foot bed twice and got rid of everything.

Unfortunately, within 5 miles of leaving the dealership, I heard something hit the driver side door. When I got home, I realized it must have been a rock and I've got a nice ding in the door. To be honest, I'm happy to get that first one out of the way. I bought this truck to put it to work and I figure I'll be getting a lot more scratches and dings in the future.

I drove a Tundra for the past 6 years, so driving the 350 is taking a little getting used to - especially trying to park it. I adjusted the bottom section of the mirrors so they are pointing toward the rear wheels and that seems to help when I'm backing up.

After I got it home, I popped the hood and then walked to the front of the truck and released the latch. As the hood began to rise, I started to laugh when I realized that it was now clearly out of my reach. I never though about that. I'm going to need a damn step stool to check the oil and clean the windshield (I'm 5'7").

The only other issue I had was with the antenna and the parking garage at work. It hits three of the ceiling supports and bends back a bit (not too bad). Where can I get a replacement antenna when this one snaps off? :D

During the first 230 miles, I got about 12-13 mpg. 90% of my driving was around town - all stop and go.

This is my first diesel, so I'm learning as I go. I read through the manual and it talked about draining the water separator when the indicator light comes on. How often do you guys have to do this?

I may take a drive down to Maryland in a few weeks and I'll be carrying a load of firewood. I can't wait to get some weight in the back of that truck and see how she performs on the highway.

So far, I'm a VERY happy 6.0 owner.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
WD40 said:
Man I know that you are a happy camper tonight.:sweet :sweet Can't sleep:burnit :burnit for thinking of that new ride satting out side the house tonight. I know,( been there done that). LOL I got my 06 in July of 05 and I still smile every time I get behind the wheel of that sweet little baby. Have fun this weekend.:thumbs :thumbs

me to, around 21 july 05 :sweet
felt weird having an 06 in the middle of the year,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58