New Taco; The Good, Bad....Ugly.

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the new Taco today. 35 minutes later I was sitting at a traffic light being mellowed out listening to Aaron Neville's "Crazy Love," when....
Wham!

Scene2.JPG

Chick on the cellphone and diddling with her makeup during rush hour in this:
Veh1a.jpg

Smacks this:
Veh2c.JPG

Veh2a.JPG

Who in turn smacks happy me:
Taco1.JPG

Lemme tellya....I didn't know what the heck happened. I was belted into the Taco's highback bucket no less cushioned, supported and secure than an astronaut at lift-off in the space shuttle....that's one, fantastic seat. I get out and check on the others....lady passenger in the middle (heep) vehicle is screwed up and had to be backboard extricated; I end up hugging and comforting the sobbing lady from the Buick who holds me tight saying, "I'm sorry" over and over again.

This happened right across the street from Martinsville's main fire department and it was all over with in a flash. Taco's driveable and I'm happy....crap happens, everyone's insured, and the truck will look and still feel like new by the end of the month. Wife's very unhappy....it's "her" truck. And, the lady who was taken to the hospital is okay but being held overnight for observation.

All in all, it's been an interesting and good day.:thumbs

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are ok. But on the other hand that sucks couldn't even get the new car smell out before some @ss hole wrecks into your truck. Dam wowmen drivers doing make up, on the cell, and reading a book all while in traffic driving DWHUA!

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
doesnt that make you just want to smack her? but then they cry and you just can't make yourself do it. Glad you are ok. it's a wonder she didnt put her eye out when she hit the first car.

Reaction score
Sam,

Glad you are okay!:sweet But, I would not have wanted to be around when you told the wife what just happened to her new ride!!!:eek: :eek:

Nice to hear you are taking the high road on it, because we can all understand if you were really torqued off!
There are no "good accidents", but if everyone is going to be okay, it's not a "bad" accident!:sweet

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:
There goes the resale value

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa :roflmao

You don't know the half of it. In a couple of years when the wife wants something else, it will become my offroad/trail rig.

What resale value? My property has already started to look like a salvage yard.

Tx_Atty said:
doesnt that make you just want to smack her? but then they cry and you just can't make yourself do it. Glad you are ok. it's a wonder she didnt put her eye out when she hit the first car.

Actually, when the WTF? feeling wore off and I climbed out, the woman was crying and holding a screaming infant. I found out they were okay otherwise and went to the Jeep discovering that the woman passenger was about to go into shock and their kid had been pitched face-first into the rear floorboard. I was previously Texas ECA and IN/FL EMT certified....after that training it's probably impossible for personal emotions to take hold.

Scarlet_Nape said:
Sam,

Glad you are okay!:sweet But, I would not have wanted to be around when you told the wife what just happened to her new ride!!!:eek: :eek:

Nice to hear you are taking the high road on it, because we can all understand if you were really torqued off!
There are no "good accidents", but if everyone is going to be okay, it's not a "bad" accident!:sweet

The wife surprised me. We've been together so long a lot of BS that's rubbed off on her comes out. This morning she finally took a good, long and thoughtful look at the damage....she grinned and said, "That'll rub out." I set up the appointment with the claims adjuster for Monday because Norma took off in the truck this morning to show it to her pals. I won't get it back until sometime tomorrow.

BTW....in that the dealership is over a hundred mile roundtrip from the house, I brought the sales contract home for her to sign and overnight back to them. She read every word of that contract and saw the "Rule of 8s" in the fine print. She laughed and said, "It says here that we can return the vehicle and void the terms of the contract for any reason within 72 hours of delivery."

Norma's a lot smarter than I am.

:thumbs

Last edited:

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
>BTW....in that the dealership is over a hundred mile roundtrip from the house, I brought the sales contract home for her to sign and overnight back to them. She read every word of that contract and saw the "Rule of 8s" in the fine print. She laughed and said, "It says here that we can return the vehicle and void the terms of the contract for any reason within 72 hours of delivery."

now that's my kind of gal, sounds just what my wife would say.

glad you're OK

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
You know, it would almost be worth the drive just to see the look on the salesman's face when you drove it back up all crunched and said "I don't think I like the silver one, I'll take the blue...." :roflmao

Sure am glad you're okay, bud. Having just done more or less the same thing (only it was may Dad's brand new pickup) very recently, I can empathize. I hurt my back int eh accident and am still not 100%. I hope you come out okay, and I'm glad to see you realize that metal and iron can be repaired, but bodies cannot.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
I guess weight makes a big difference. i was rearended by a woman in a Suburban that had a umbrella get under the brake. She claimed to be doing 35 and smashed the front of her Suburban up real good. It did $1,800 damage to my truck but I hardly felt it. I sure was glad I was not in my Accord.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
glad to hear your ok

but... turncoat also comes to mind
my super duty has been bumped from behind a few times and all it did was scratch the hitch ball

that really sux brand new and all
-mad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58