New timing cover for 95? How to change?

jcmagone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought a newer timing cover off of ebay and was looking at changing it out so I can run a superduty HPOP. Has anyone changed theres out? I wasn't sure if I will be able to drop the pan far enough to undo the oil pick up tube bolts on the front of the cover. I am looking for any input into this.

Paul H

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes that is a remove the engine job, Remove the engine, remove the pan, then the cover.

Do not foget to get the IHC gray sealant to put it back to getther.

With the pan off is a good time to put a new O-ring on the dip stick addaptor. Oh and do not over torque the bolts putting the new one on.

TheRubberDuck

Death Row Inmate #1
Reaction score
jc, you can send your 95 hpop to Joey at Terminator Engineering and he will put 17* internals in it for you and keep the 95 drain back valve. If you send him both pumps I think he charges like $50 and if you don't have the 17* I think it's $200. I'm not sure if those prices are correct, but I believe they are. So if you haven't done the swap yet, you don't have to. There are other options. Email him and tell him Cody from Death Row Diesel sent you.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if that cover is for 96-up i hope you got the oil pump pickup and oil pan to go with it or it wont fit.there was 2 or 3 different setups used on the 94-97 trucks

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
also you can modify the 95 timing cover for way less than 50.00.search for posts by me and you will find it.all it involves is blocking off a small hole and drilling a hole then use the 96-up reservoir and SD HPOP.been workin perectly on my truck since i did it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg