Question new tire problems

joey jonas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello, New to this forum. I have a 2004 f250 2x4 6.0 diesel. I had new tires put on in April Good year wrangler armor track LT 265/75 r16 123/120r load range E. I originaly had BFG's on it. My questionis what could cause this truck to feel like the tires are under inflated? I have checked the tire pressure and it is at 80 psi. Before I changed the tires out I had a problem with tire bounce at about 45-50 mph I had the tires balanced and the bounce stopped for a while but came back. The guy at the tire said the ball joints were bad? I checked them myself and felt no loosness at all. I replaced the tires and the bounce has stopped but it now it handles like poo poo ca ca. Thank you ahead of time for any advice or idea's, Joey

JSchuricht

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just cause you don't see any play in the ball joints dosn't mean they aren't bad. I replaced mine when I did the Dynatrac freespin kit, buddy that was helping me thought they felt fine and should be left alone. When we went to remove them all the rust that was keeping them from moving came out.

As for the tire feeling under inflated, I had both Toyo and Michilin 265/75R16 tires on stock rims that made the truck feel like the tire was rolling off the rim when cornering. Stepped up to some wider rims and the problem went away.

joey jonas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The truck came from the factory with 265's on it. It had BFG's on it. Is it common for the ball joints to go bad at about 85,000 miles? The truck has 90,300 on it now. The guy at the tire store told me 250's usely go bad at about 70 to 80,000 miles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58