New Tires Rubbing

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure this is a stupid question but I read on here that the biggest tire I could run w/o rubbing with nothing but a leveling kit was 315/75x16's. I bought some Maxxis Buckshot Mudders and so far they're great but they rub like crazy. Is there something I can do besides getting a lift to cure this?

Thanks!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Where are they rubbing? If they hit the spring when you turn you can get some wheels with more offset. If they are rubbing the bumper you can shim it out or trim it. If they are rubbing the fender you can trim the bottom edge or get cut-out flares.

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The outside of the tires are rubbing rear of the inner fender well. It's not tearing anyhing up but certainly increasing my turning radius.
Thanks!

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So will the inner fender well just distort with the persuasion of a hammer? I'm not really lookin to completely destroy it.
Thanks!

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep a couple little thumps here and there and you should be good. If you don't wheel it I would only do as much as needed to keep them from rubbing.

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the back spacing on the stock wheels? I was thinking about maybe replacing my stockers with these. Will this fix my rubbing, also are these wheels strong enough to handle our pickups?
Thanks!

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your hitting the inner fender different backspacing usually doesn't help. You would need to lift it. Backspacing would work if you were hitting on the springs. Someone may know more and give you a better answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14