Question New to diesels and have some questions

Miguel387

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
10 months ago i bought my first diesel, an f250 super crew king ranch 2008 and i havent had any problems with it but after doing some research on the internet i have read alot of bad stuff about the 6.4 and makes me think if i got a good truck or not, a friend told me to do a dpf delete and egr delete but when i asked another guy about it he said not to do it cuz ill lose horse power and fuel mileage which was the exact opposite thing that my friend said so im stuck and dont know if to doit or not, so im asking for some advice on this and i also want to know what experiences you have had with the 6.4,any help will be appreciated

ducky1402

Reaction score
I have a 6.4 and my inlaws have a 6.4... Mine much more modded then theres :D, although they drive theres a lot harder (heavy foot) both trucks have nearly 40k on them and they both still drive great.. knock on wood no issues with either... Think they are good trucks... As for the dpf delete your milege will go up no question because you arn't dumping fuel every couple hundred miles to clean dpf also won't be restricting the truck badly....... However it is semi illegal lol so be careful...

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
All I heard is crappy fuel mileage. Not near as many probs compared to the 6.0. Check with yer state for inspections.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it ain't broke don't fix it, is what I would live by on the 6.0 and the 6.4.
You might get by with it in your state and you might not.
Good Luck, and Welcome to SSD.com
Doug

Miguel387

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If it ain't broke don't fix it, is what I would live by on the 6.0 and the 6.4.
You might get by with it in your state and you might not.
Good Luck, and Welcome to SSD.com
Doug

yea i live in new mexico and we dont have any inspections and i dont think a cop can tell if i get pulled over can they?, ill just live it stock for now i just want to get the most of my engine and i was told that by doing this it will increase the live of my engine and turbos and better fuel mileage so i was looking into it,

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well MPG sucks on my 08. The EGR delete is the EGR coolers they start to leak so keep a eye on your coolant. Check in the AM when cold. Mine is leaking so it's going to the shop to be fixed under warranty. As for the DPF. Your MPG will go up but you need a tuner to shut it off and replace the DPF with a test pipe. There is spot checks in Calli. and one other state out that way. I don't remember which one. So do some digging on which states test.

I got a tuner for my truck and it heped some with mileage.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr