New to Diesels

EThor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am somewhat new to the diesel pickup world and have a few questions. I am looking at buying a 2000 Super Duty 250 with 90,000 miles. It is a four door but not the crew cab with the 8 ft bed. What should I look for when buying one of these trucks used? It does have a lift kit and 315 tires that will need to be changed sooner than later. Also at what temps. do you guys start plugging your trucks in? Oh yeah, they are asking $16,900 is that a resonable price for this truck? Any help would be a great.

Eric

Last edited:

JDecker88

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD, sounds like a decent truck I got my 01 F-250 Lariat Ext Cab four door with 94K on it in perfect condition for 17K, is the truck in good condition? Surf the forums they have the truck buying guide on here just type it in the search bar. You don't have to plug your block heater up its just nice to come out to a warm truck and not have to wait and let it idle to warm up saves fuel, I've been plugging in my block heater just on a few nippy mornings around here. But there are alot more experianced members here to help you with anything you need. Hope you get the truck once you get your first PSD you'll fall in love trust me ;)

:santa Again welcome aboard!

-Justin

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
welcome ethor, just make sure you check it out all over.

doin a carfax wouldn't be a bad idea either.

hope it all works out for ya.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58