New to Ford and new to the site.....

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know, I know.....My screen name and picture don't belong in this site, but let me just say that I have been a loyal chevy lover for the past 10 years(that's how long I had my other truck, 95 Z71), but let me just say that when I went to go purchase a new 05 Chevrolet Duramax, I was very disappointed. The interior had not changed since I bought my other truck and it really didn't have a lot of interior space. I really wanted to purchase a duramax because of the Allison transmission, but with a wife and kids I needed something with a lot of space. Not until I test drove an 05 Ford SuperDuty with the 6.0 Powerstroke, OMG, I felt like Tim Taylor from "Home Improvement" grunting with more power. Those puppies can really get up and go. Being that I used to be a mechanic and had the idea that diesel's were big and slow. That was not the case when I test drove and bought my first diesel and Ford truck. Even the wife fell in love with it. That was good enough for me. I am glad there is a website for people who are new to the ford diesel industry. Trust me, I have really learned a lot. Thanks you guys!!!

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Great story and I am glad you found us. Stop by and catch the smile. You won't soon loose it. I am still grinning every time I get into my 6.0.

Dave :)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, we have been nice so far.:p Now it's time to put the picture of a good truck up there.:D
(05 Ford SuperDuty with the 6.0 Powerstroke, OMG,) :thumbs :thumbs You are just learning what a good truck is.:sweet :sweet Welcome to SSD. We are glad when we hear of someone converting over to the PowerStroke side.:thumbs Please add where you are from. Glad to have you here.:) :)

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a lifetime (long one so far) GM guy also, I know exactly where you're coming from. I wasn't predisposed to buy a Super Duty and looked at and test drove a lot of Duramaxes and Cummins....but just spotting my Super Duty on the dealership lot instantly convinced me my search was over. More room than a Caddy and just as good a ride....first vehicle I've ever had to remind the wife to click on the seatbelt and she's gone to sleep in with me driving.

Enjoy and welcome.

Reaction score
JustMeandMyZ said:
. . . Not until I test drove an 05 Ford SuperDuty with the 6.0 Powerstroke, OMG, I felt like Tim Taylor from "Home Improvement" grunting with more power. . . .

There ya go! :sweet

Welcome to SDD - :thumbs

Ron

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes.:thanks I haven't got any pictures of my truck yet, I just need to give it a good wash and download the pics to my computer. Still trying to figure out how everything works on this website.:dunno Anyways, I finally figured out how to list all of the things I've done to the truck so far using my signature. Enjoy!;tu

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Welcome to the place to be,
when you want to talk PSD's
We like to cut up and have some fun,
But till you change your avatar you'll be under the gun :D

Today we will let you slide,
For tomorrow we may see,
pics of Your new ride.
2 fitties, 3 fitties and even some Tow Bosses,
We drive em alot, as to grow no mosses.