New to Forums and need input

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
First off i want to say the forum is awesome. I recently bought my uncles super duty at a great price. It is a 2000 F-250 4x4 Lariot. It has the 7.3L powerstroke with auto trans. 160,000 miles. It came with a hypertech POWER PROGRAMMER III installed on setting 3. It also has a trailer brake module. I have many plans for the truck as a daily driver and dune truck. I will use the truck for towing a 20ft enclosed car hauler. I need some imput on small suspension lifts 2-4". Ive been thinking about getting a shackle leveling kit. i plan to install 33" tires. I am also looking for more power.(not that it needs it) So what things should i do first? Im on a limited college budget at age 19. Ive been looking on puredieselpower.com and see many products. I want to install an intake, exhaust, and increase the stock turbo performance. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
welcome big duty. on a college budget, it may be hard to do what you want to all in one shot. but over time, space the things out that you want to do.

first of all, does you truck have gauges? (pyro, boost, tranny?)

that is a good place to start. then exhaust & air fitler kits.

that is where i would start. :thumbs

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Gauges, exhaust, and an air filter kit like Bama said is the best way to start your power mods.

As for the suspension 33's (285/75R16) should clear with the factory suspension. I have the ProComp shackle and hanger kit in mine and it performs real well. You can purchase the ProComp kit for around $300 US it comes with shocks and all the other hardware. With a 4" lift a 33" tire is going to look a little small in the wheel wells you would be better to go with 35's. (315/75R16) I would reccomend Skyjacker for the 4" lift and go with new springs in the back rather than blocks.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome BIG. I would go with what Bama suggests, guages first and then exhaust and Air filter.

Dave

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys. I have the stock tranny temp gauge but no others. What would be the best place to get pyro and boost gauges? I would rather have the a pillar mount. Also does a k&n drop in filter offer much gain or should i wait till i can afford a full intake? How about a muffler delete pipe. Any disadvantages besides increase in sound?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
K&N is garbage as far as their filters go. They don't filter the fine dust. I had one on my previous vehicle and you could see and feel the fine dust inside of the filter housing. NOT GOOD.

I have pillar guages and i like them.

Dave

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock transmission gauge is ok but are not that exact they basicly only tell you if the trans is cold, at normal operating temp or too hot. My factory trans temp gauge doesn't start to move off its normal operating spot till about 190-200 degrees and then shoots right for the red almost like it has no in between. (yes, the stock gauge has cost me a tranny) I would strongly suggest if you are buying a pyro and boost gauge to also get a trans temp gauge.

I have the autometer ultra-lite series gauges (pyro,boost,trans) pillar mounted and like them alot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome, BD!!
You can contact Dennis at ITP or Mark at DPPI for guages and all of your other mods. Both are sponsors of the site. Great prices and ever better customer service. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14