New to me 2001 F-250 7.3

lvhdude

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My first 7.3. The old Harley F-150 just wasn't quite enough to pull a tandem trailer and Razor up and down (well, down was good) the hills to go riding in UT and AZ from NV.

Like my truck, have a couple of minor issues. Looking for some advice. Overhead console does not work. I was able to find an owners manual online to download, and all the fuses are good. I don't see any screw heads to indicate how to remove it to check for power in the console. Any ideas?

The power (towing) mirrors do not work. Again fuses good. Need to know how the door panel comes off to check the mirror switch.

And the drivers seatbelt is slow to retract. I seems to be built into the seat. Supercab Shortbed model. Looks like I need to remove the seat back panel, but I hate to start pulling on pieces that I don't know what kind of attachment points hold them on.

Anyone have a downloadable shop manual? Or can copy a CD? I'm happy to pay postage +.

Maybe there is a good complete manual out there to buy? I'm sure some of the regulars here have ideas as to the best book to buy?

Looking forward to learning all about my new toy, and getting to know all the tricks to keep it running for a long time.

Thanks in advance to all those who are willing to share their experience and knowledge.

Joe.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome ivhdude! Pull the console and it should come down. The same goes for the door switches, just use a screw driver and pry up and you have it. Door panels come off by prying them away from the door starting at the bottom. Them just grab it and pull out. I have the CD's on my 2004 (basically the same without the 7.3) but I will not send them any where. You can buy your own at; http://www.helminc.com/helm/resource-center/ford-service-manuals-repair-information.htm if they have them. Good Luck!

Dave ;tu

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!!! Hope you can get your issues fixed on the 250. The 7.3 is a great engine. Wish I still had my 2002 F-250. It got better mileage than my 2008 F-150 with 4.6 V8. The guys on this site are full of information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg