New (to me) 2006 F250

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone -

Just thought I post a message and say hi. This past weekend I picked up my first Ford diesel... a 2006 F250 King Ranch with a scant 37k miles on it. It was too good a deal to pass up, and although I didn't need a big truck right now, I knew I wanted one in the next couple of years, so I jumped on the good deal when I saw it.

Anyhow, looking forward to reading the boards and learning about the truck. This is my first diesel, so I'm all ears.

- Steve

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Welcome to a fellow aggie. Im class of 91. It is never too early to buy your powerstroke.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here she is.....

IMG_1019a.jpg

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, those are spot lights on the A pillar.... haven't had a chance to use them yet, but the install was clean. I wouldn't have put them there, but I think I will like having them. They blend in fairly well and don't look too funny.

I may have figured out today why the previous owner got rid of her... the check engine light came on while I was driving down the highway. I assume it's the turbo (my dad has an '06 and is on his 3rd turbo at 18k miles), but I'll have the code read tomorrow and see for sure.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GIG'EM AGGIE'S Welcome to SDD.com glad you joined us here. That is a good lookin truck you have there. Lots to learn here with lots of helps owners willing to share their knowledge about these trucks.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome Steve.

So the spotlights were on it when you bought it? Any particular reason they were installed?

You know spot lighting is illegal, right? :D

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why the spotlights were installed, but they are begining to grow on me. I think they'll come in handy in lots of different situations.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg