new to the powerstroke and to the forum

just shawn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just bought my dad's 95 f-350, i have a few questions and i'm sure i willo have a lot more. anyhoo here goes,first problem, it has a five speed tranny, and it doesn't go into gear real smooth all the time, what could i check, other than syncronizers??? 2nd question... it has a very strong diesel odor coming from the exhaust... any thoughts on what could be causing this, it hasn't been drove much for the past few years. thanks in advance for any advice

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I can tell you one place to look regarding shifting. Slide under the dash on the driver's side on your back or side and follow the clutch pedal toward the firewall. You will see a link where it makes a connection (sorry, dont have a picture) like a ball and socket joint. In the socket part there is supposed to be a little plastic (POS) bushing. It frequently, and relatively quickly, wears out thereby preventing the clutch rod from traveling the full distance. You can buy the bushing from Ford for $10 and it takes only a few minutes to put in. It's a little tricky but you shouldnt have any trouble.

Welcome to the site, stick around and you will find a lot you can do with your truck!

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
just shawn said:
snip...2nd question... it has a very strong diesel odor coming from the exhaust... any thoughts on what could be causing this, it hasn't been drove much for the past few years. thanks in advance for any advice

That is sometimes just the particular fuel you are running. Could also be injector related. Try filling at a different place, and put some stanadyne or power service additive in the fuel to clean/lube the fuel system.

Welcome to the Site!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com. Sounds like the truck needs to be drove to limber it up some. A 95 with only 59.000 miles on it sounds great. Needs to be broke in.
Post some pictures of your truck when you can and also tell us where you are from. Good luck

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
59K on the clock :sweet I think I hit 60K the other day:D

For the transmission engagement problem check out this article it explains the problem and the fix. Another more permanent solution is to purchase this rod end on ebay.

As for the foul diesel smell, is it just at start-up or all them time?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14