New to the PSD but not Ford

FordMan7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, so last week i bought myself a 2001 F250 SD, i use to have a 2004 F150 and was a member of a F150 site and loved it, always got good info off of that site and it made me poor also, cause there was alot of DIY mods and other things that i would end up doing... So i have a couple of questions, mainly headligts, i have a white truck... i am going to Turn it into all White and Black accents, not have any chrome, so i have found a couple of black headlight and i was wondering should i get some headlights like this...

Ford F250 Super Duty 1999-2004 Black Euro Headlights

or just go with some harley ones? and would the harley light from the 05-06 work in my 01 Truck? thanks guys and glad to be a member of this forum its gonna be a blast

FordMan7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is a 2001 Ford F250 SDlariat... it is 4dr, tan leather interior... the mods that are done to it are a 6" lift, not sure which brand it is, but also has airbags in the front and rear, i put some new XD Monster rims on it 18" and some new toyo MT 35x12.50.... and that is pretty much it, i already ordered a DP Tuner and a quad pod and guages... starting to redo the badges this week and repaint the grill... i think that is pretty much about it... i will have to load up some pics on here as soon as i can.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if im not mistaking the 05 ones wont work unless you change out your fenders and grill...

Wiester

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I believe to fit 05-07 lights all you have to do is get the wiring pigtail and there's a header panel mod that's gotta be made. Or change the header panel and use new lights and grille. I haven't done it but lots of people have that I know and it's a simple mod. Front parts fit but that header panel is the kicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe to fit 05-07 lights all you have to do is get the wiring pigtail and there's a header panel mod that's gotta be made. Or change the header panel and use new lights and grille. I haven't done it but lots of people have that I know and it's a simple mod. Front parts fit but that header panel is the kicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe thats what it was!! i thought the fenders were slightly different???

i know i took an 03 and transformed it to an 05 but all we changed on it was headlights, grill, and badging, and bumper...

FordMan7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok i think i am going to order the ones that i posted the link to... but i am excited to be here, i have had the truck a week and have already ordered a DP programer and already doing small "cheap" mods like painting the badges and repainting the grill to be black and white... i am excited to have a fresh truck to start on, but my wallet really isn't :lmao

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be sure to take before and after pics!!! and be nice to see a pretty detail story about it when youre done...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58