New to the scene!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
There have been shift relay issues with the Allison. In all fairness, its a top notch tranny. I can still remember a GM tech telling me to pull 2 relays for a minute or 3 because the trans logic program was "confused'. It worked.

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 14K miles into my first diesel, although I've been regularly pulling trailers over long hauls for forty years. My brother's a hardcore Dodge guy, my best friend's a Chevy fanatic, and I've been a lifelong GM gasser addict for towing even though you'll find four Ford trucks on my property and no GMs. I started hauling heavier loads and pulling heavier trailers, and just got tired of thrashing the gassers to get the job done.

I wasn't predisposed to buy a PSD when I went truck shopping. I spent five months test driving 50-60 trucks over that period and the current F-350 impressed me as the best truck for the money. Comfort, driveability, styling, cabroom, power....It all came together in the Ford Super Duty and it's the most fun to drive. I may be the only one who thinks my truck is just fine without mods.

sf jakey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DJ13, my boat is a 25' Davis Bahia. It is a custom built, heavy west coast sportfishing boat. It is designed for the Pacific ocean and built to handle it. I hold 200 galllons of fuel, 30 gallons freshwater. I usually carry 400lbs of ice and I sit on a 35' Pacific galvanized Trailer. You're right, I'm not quite 10,000 lbs, about 9800 last weigh in, I round up. Check out DavisBoats.com, they are the best boat for the pacific you can put on a trailer! You really can't compare them to anything else on the water out here except a Radon, which is the same hull design.

DJ13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
wow thats a big fishin boat. I guess if its for the ocean you need it though. I was just curious as to what kind of bass boat it was because it was an aweful big one. It explains it now that i know its an ocean fishin boat. Sounds like a lot of fun. Bet you spend a pretty penny on the gas for that thing!

By the way F350DRW1 i like the quote. My brother is a Major in the army and was in iraq. Some people dont understand the importants of the soldiers.

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear that. Sad thing is they would be hollering the loudest if a rag head with a machine gun ran thru their back yard.

ryaneverk2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember liking the looks and sound of a PSD-equipped Superduty before I knew anything about them.... but I knew I wanted one. Joined TDS back in early-mid '04. Read and read and read all I could about them. Finally was in the position to buy one this past December, and did (see sig :)).

What attracts me to the Superduty the most is the looks and the size. It just looks so much better than the Dodges and GMs. The cab is so damn HUGE, I love it. I also figured the 7.3 would be a good engine as I plan to keep this puppy for a long while.

If I were to get a different truck right now, it'd have to be a 94-98.5 Dodge 3500 dually supercab configuration, 12 valve Cummins. Best-looking Dodge pickup, I think, out of any year/config. Reliable, easy to work on and upgrade engine... capable of huge power with few and relatively inexpensive mods. But I don't plan on getting rid of my truck for a loooong time.

DJ13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had any problems with your truck or was there any previous problems that you know about?

ryaneverk2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, mine's been a gem so far. It was basically stock when I bought it... you can see I've done a bit of work on it so far. :) Truck is rock solid.... hope to keep it that way.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58