New toys

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
well i decided i missed my old cb i gave to my dad so i picked up another one. i got the midland 77-250cxl. its their "professional" model with built in swr meter/correction. had the old one in the ashtray spot but this one was just a little to wide. so i ended up using moving the aic to under the fuse panel and put the cb where the aic was. i am very picky about looks these days (can't just let myself redneck things like in high school). so i picked up this thing firestik makes that uses your CB antenna as your stereo antenna too. then i pulled the factory antenna and used a firestik cowl mount to put my 2" firestik in its place. i think its going to work well and look nice too. i tried to use the piece of plastic that adjusts the angle of the stocker to make it straight but it still angles out a bit so i am going to get the little wingnut angle adjusted thing they make so i correct that an put a spring on at the same time. i'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

also got tired of the lack of bass from my under the seat 7" powered clarion sub so i got an mtx 10" and kicker amp... much better :D

NVCowboy

NVCowboy
Reaction score
Please post pic's and where to get the goodies you picked up. I have yet to install a cb three years after buying truck due to lack of antenna mounting options because of cabover camper.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a 148 GTL and havent installed it in the Ex, gonna put it in truck #2 when we get it...then hopefully have a decent place to mount it and put an antenna...those midlands are great radios!! If ya mod it, tune it, and tweak it, should be able to push around 20-35 on just the radio!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58