New Tranny Being Built

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well this thread almost made it into the 911 Forum but made to DI under my own power this morning. Last week was on my way home from Ms and the tranny started acting really werid. Was slipping really bad and the temp was running upwards of 240 degrees. Shut the truck down for a while to let everything cool down and made it back home with out a problem.

Drove the truck this weekend only one day and felt the slightest slip but nothing major. Luckly it was a short trip. So this morning on my way to work cruising down the freeway and all of a sudden the RPMs run up to above 3k and I am doing only 45-50 mph. Slow down as much as I can on the freeway with out being run over. Tranny temp skyrockets to 240 + again. Finally made it to work, called David Lott at DI told him of the situation, said that he had time to look at the truck if I could make it to their new shop. Made it there, tranny fluid reeked of being burnt.

All in all truck is at DI now having a full new transmission build. I am excited I so can't wait for the truck to come back out of the shop. I let ya'll know how it works when I get it back. They are going to fine tone the shift points to match it with chip in the truck. Can't wait for Wed.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
that'll teach ya to do those 4WD burnouts on a factory slushbox... :tounge

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when you did that Bama. David said that it should be done and ready for pick up tomorrow. Sure hope so I, I have a 40' gooseneck full of light fixtures that I have to move. Guess we'll put the tranny to the test when I get it back. LOL

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better wait the 500 mile break-in b4 towing:nono::stir

Talked to David at DI when he finished the tranny and I told him that I had to move a trailer that after noon. He told me to run it don't be afraid. I have a 2 yr unlimited mileage warranty on it. He said if it breaks they will make it right.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58