New Truck - Need Help

jflaig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am looking at a new dually 92 F350 diesel with the automatic transmission and need some help. I have a 2000 F350 and went over the basic mechanical checks, like injectors and glow-plugs and such, but there are some trans issues that I need help with. The current owner has told me that "Something is wrong with linkage all of the sudden will not go into net.,rev.,or park." and I have been taking with him and he has said "was looking at it and took the pan off and the nut was laying in it he tried to put it back on but didnt get something right and all you have is the forward gears" and that when he had the trans rebuilt and put in they swapped the connecting rod from the old trans to the new one and this somehow caused an issue with the linkage. Does this make since to anyone? I do not know that much about transmission, so any help will be great. I am hoping to go and look at it again soon, so if their is something else that I should check please let me know. Thank you.

Joe

P.S. If more information is need please let me know.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Something smells bad in NY. I would trust a good transmission shop's opinion rather than the person who is selling you the truck. He might be selling you a bill of goods. Get it checked out or tell him it needs a new/rebuilt tranny.

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something smells bad in NY.
I wouldn't want it unless the transmission was working like it should, there are not cheap to rebuilt.
Doug

aaklingler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give a transmission shop a call, I can't think where there is a nut in there, the shift linkage is held in the case with a little spiral pin. By the way your in the wrong forum, try reposting in the 6.9 & 7.3 forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14