New Truck Same Noises

flyguy51

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
At this point I have 1700 miles on my new truck and it's fantastic. It's an '06 F-250 PSD with the automatic trans. I have the FX4 package and it's a super cab. I know that noises drive everyone crazy and I've got some that are the same as I had on my old F-150 and then some new ones. This is my first diesel so some of what I'm hearing may be normal. I had the dealer check it out and they saild everything was OK.

First off there is a rattling/clicking sound that seems to be coming from the rear drivers side wheel well-it kind of sounds like a light weight chain being shaken on the ground or gravel in the hubcaps. I'v poped the hubcaps and there was nothing there. My F-150 did the same thing and at first I thought it was a loose catilitic converted shield but it wasn't that. This noise happens both when I'm accelerating and coasting; turing and going straight.

The other thing I hear is a moan fron the engine and maybe the drive train when I'm going up hill under moderate power or when I'm using the cruse controle. I also detect a vibration throught the floor on top of the transmition hump in the cab. This doesn't effect power at all. Maybe it's just the diesel doing its thing. Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again for all of your input that helped me choose the diesel.

Flyguy

davison1515

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the diesel world. Since your truck has no problems, I have nothing really to say. Your truck is a truck, not a regular 150 gasser. It is a working machine that has 325 horses and 500+ ft. lbs of torque under the hood. She is gonna moan and groan. You push her, she'll want more. More as in chips, exhaust, etc. LOL. Don't mean to sound negative, but get use to the noiser diesel. Again, welcome to our world and enjoy the truck.

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck :thumbs

Silly as it may sound - I chased a click/clack noise coming from the left rear that drove me crazy for months. Ended up it was the seatbelt slapping against the pillar.

Worth a shot at checking.

That moan you hear is most likely caused by the sucking of air in through the turbo to feed the massive torque machine underneath you - the vibration is it all trying to get loose :sweet :sweet

Hey - welcome to SDD and enjoy the truck :D

Ron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58