New truck w/ bad turbo??????

xtrema44

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought my first power stroke 2006 F250. We bought it saturday heading home about 30 miles from the dealership engine light come's on.
So after talking to the service dept took it in today. The light was telling them and me that w/ olny 130 miles on it the turbo is shot.:eek: -mad
Next week they will get one in and fix it. My question to you fellow powerstroker's is this a sign that I'm going to have problems w/ the truck.:dunno THANKS

JJ Montoya

2006 f-250 laritat
Reaction score
Thats FORD for you:eek: :eek:

My truck at 350 miles was leaking at the tranny front pump what a joke $50000 truck

perhaps I should ove bought a dodge BUT as for now so far so good at 3000 miles

Johnny

06 power stroke lariat

I hope the best for you

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
xtrema44 said:
I just bought my first power stroke 2006 F250. We bought it saturday heading home about 30 miles from the dealership engine light come's on.
So after talking to the service dept took it in today. The light was telling them and me that w/ olny 130 miles on it the turbo is shot.:eek: -mad
Next week they will get one in and fix it. My question to you fellow powerstroker's is this a sign that I'm going to have problems w/ the truck.:dunno THANKS
turbo shot with 130 miles sounds like an oiling problem, it did have oil right.

sounds like you got a monday build

my 06 built in jun of 05 has been flawless, runs super, tows outstanding
goes like a shot out of a cannon i am bery bery happy:D

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xtrema44 said:
Welcome to SDD. I would not worry about too much. Ford will make it right and when they do, you will fall head over heals with your 6.0. Sometimes they just gotta get the kinks out :sweet

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
When working for Ford, I hate to admit it I would see one about every 4 months come off the car hauler with something wrong. The worse one I have seen was litterally shooting oil, coolant, and fuel out the tail pipe. Course it ran like it was about to explode. I had one come in with only 300 miles on it and when you put it into drive it would just die. It was not fun driving backwards around the dealer into the drive on rack bay. Pump went out on the trans.

xtrema44

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I talked to one of there master tech's and he said not worry about it . He also said that bad turbo's come out of the factory from time to time.:confused: I just can't wait till it's fixxed and I can start building a sweet boat puller. Thanks for all the info.:thanks

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a little over a 11,000 on mine and beat it every day and never had a single problem with it

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40k on mine and no problems, i service it myself & let the dealer do the recalls and the 3/36k resolutions that were required.

im happy...

its sounds like another dealer thats improperly trained and who would
rather rip & replace than diagnose.

private message me if you wanna talk about it...ill be happy to speak
w/ you and share what i know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14