I hope it's only one, I'm on my third turbo and now the truck
is running the best it ever has with 35k.:D

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gone Camping said:
I hope it's only one, I'm on my third turbo and now the truck
is running the best it ever has with 35k.:D

i think id find a new shop if i were you...

rigdog43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just traded my 04 for an 06 .The 04 (70k) ran well with just a few problems.(EGR x1, cooler hose x1, and 1 recall.) The 06 seems to be a little quicker on the the get go . The 06 has (2k)
and no trouble ! knock on wood
I hope your turbo was just a freak thing . I would like to know what ford is doing for you, and with only 130 mi why did they not put you in adifferent truck?:confused:

ultide

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 2006 had a body security module that was broken from the factory...not a big deal truck is fine now. Back in 91 I bought a new one and had 3 or 4 problems at the start (10,000 miles or less) Truck now has 142,000 on it and has been the the best I have ever owned very little problems since...almost broke my heart to buy my powerstroke to replace her. Bugs are common in all makes.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo problems

When I first drove a truck at the dealer to test the new 06 F350, I noticed that there was a problem with the turbo on the demo truck. I do not think it had 100 miles on it. I thought that it was strange to have a brand new truck with a problem like that. I ordered my truck from the factory, and so far I have not had any problems with mine, and I drive it like a old man.... Mainly because I am an old man. I think I have floored it only twice since I bought it. I normally am in overdrive (6th) by about 45 to 50 mph. Only time will tell if this will cause a problem with the turbo, but it should not. A good turbo should last whether you run it hard or not. I will continue to drive mine like an old man, and if I run into problems with the turbo, I'll let everyone know.

xtrema44

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just ran over and picked the truck up and made it home with out the engine light coming on. I checked the turbo at the dealer to make sure all the marks I put on it (w/ a perm marker) were gone.:rolleyes: (I'm not saying I don't trust the dealer.) The truck runs so much better.:sweet I'll give it the test in the morning when I tow my 7000ld boat 50 miles to the river. I'll still wait for a couple of months and then start building on it just to make sure it's not a lemon. I just want to THANK all of you for you input.:hail
As soon as I start working on it I'll be asking for advice on the best products.
:thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14