New truck, which one?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Im kinda torn between the good looks of the OBS and the newer looks, also good. If the engines are the same, I think I would rather have the old body style, just because there arent as many of them around. Are the 250 CC's all shortbeds, and the 350 CC's all long beds? What Kind of power could be coaxed RELIABLY out of these motors? Thanks.
The basic 7.3L powerplant is pretty much the same, however in the SD's you got more HP of the line. A better high pressure oil system, bigger injectors and a different turbo (some say that it wasnt an improvement) and an intercooler. As with most things, they had the 7.3 just about perfect when they decided to (were forced to) nuke it.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked mine up about 1.5 years ago for 13K with about 150K miles. 97 CC Short bed. I got lucky and found it within a couple months of looking and it was in good conditon minus a dent in the bed I pulled back out and a very pitted windshield which I just live with. Was everything I was looking for OBS CC SWB, white and XLT. Tough truck but could still park it in the city. I got it while living in Portland.

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant do anything about it right now, but I found one with only 87K, but its a flat bed, for 16,500 wow low miles. Now I just have to get my tranny fixed and sell my truck before I can go get it. How hard is it to find a good short bed, are F-150 short beds the same? Just thinking aloud. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14