New turbo....need injectors?

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Ok..so I am going to do an EGR delete and headstuds. I am also thinking of updating the turbo with the Garrett Powermax 63.5mm. I however do not want to spend the money on different injectors. Is this crazy? Is it even worth upgrading the turbo and leaving the stock injectors? Would it be worth it to upgrade the turbo and install an airdog fuel system with the stock injectors?

Looking for input.
Thanks!!

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Powermax installed using stock injectors being fed by a AirDog 100. I use an SCT w/custom tunes and have a PHP tuned FICM. The turbo really lights off at 2000-2100 RPMs and just pulls like mad. If I really put my foot down it would just scream.

That all being said you need to consider a tuner (SCT) to make the turbo worth your money. Otherwise get the AirDog to make the injectors happy. You will notice a difference in how the motor sounds.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
exacly what I wanted to hear. I figured I would get the SCT with the new turbo and the egr delete and now I will definitley get the Airdog.

Thanks for the input!!! :notworthy

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power Hungry Performance retunes the Fuel Injector Control Module to make the truck run even better off the line and through the power band. Ford decided to remap the FICMs either I think in 04 and killed fuel economy. With the headstuds, egr delete, turbo, etc. the FICM reprogram will really surprise you.

It's next on my list even with the stock turbo and injectors. My truck screams as it is, but apparently I'm missing out by not having the FICM retuned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58