New Turbo Problems, Part Deaux

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
WOW!:sorry

What did Elite say about their pipe failing? Could you take pics of it before sending it off? I'd like to see exactly what failed, just curious.

:sorry about all the probs, hopefully everything will go better with this turbo.

they were shocked, never had any of them to break before. i will take some pics of it for ya rooster when i go back in the morning.

they said they would send me another one, but i would have needed it tomorrow, so i am gonna put the old one back on, but gonna see if i can get the scoop out of the inside that directs the exhaust to the EGR cooler.

elite diesel is gonna refund my money for the part and for the overnight s&h i paid for when i first bought it.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Hey Stephen just a thought here but I really don't think the problem was with Elite's part at all. I believe you said it broke when the tech put it on. I would tell Elite that. Maybe see if your tech would help out with the cost, or at least have the labor to replace be free.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey Stephen just a thought here but I really don't think the problem was with Elite's part at all. I believe you said it broke when the tech put it on. I would tell Elite that. Maybe see if your tech would help out with the cost, or at least have the labor to replace be free.

well, after he cranked her up, he could tell there was an exhaust leak from the sound of it. he thought at first that he had bumped into the Y-pipe too hard maybe.

i do remember hearing about 2 weeks ago, what sounded like an exhaust rattle, kinda like if it is vibrating against some crossmember or something.

so i do believe that it had already broken before all the turbo problems.

they are gonna help me out on the labor (if not charge me at all) for re-installing the old up pipe, and even maybe put on the newer Y-pipe for no charge.

cant beat that with a stick.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
finally got my truck back today. felt kinda odd drivin it after not havin it for a whole week.

new turbo picks right up and goes when you hit the pedal now.

dont know if i had mentioned it before, but the turbo that i had bought from the gentleman in henager, had been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years, dont know if that allowed for any unseen problems or not. also, it didn't have any caps or inserts in any of the openings to keep stuff from getting into it.

glad to PSD'n again :thumbs

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Good deal Stephen, glad to hear the truck is back up and running again.

atk

Reaction score
finally got my truck back today. felt kinda odd drivin it after not havin it for a whole week.

new turbo picks right up and goes when you hit the pedal now.

dont know if i had mentioned it before, but the turbo that i had bought from the gentleman in henager, had been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years, dont know if that allowed for any unseen problems or not. also, it didn't have any caps or inserts in any of the openings to keep stuff from getting into it.

glad to PSD'n again :thumbs

glad you are up and going again, i know i would miss mine if i had to go without it for any length of time...as for the turbo, i know from working at a wrecking yard that any parts that had any value always got sealed up, so no foreign particles could get in. maybe if he had done that, turbo could have been good....:dunno ....well atleast he stood behing his product...:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58