New/used truck ,time for inspection

grizz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 f350 (6.0) Lariet with 16,000 miles. Can you guys think of anything that I shall have them look at or change(filters,lubricants.etc.) I just had motor oil changed and I know that fuel filter is due. This truck is used daily for my landscaping business towing a trailer and a load everday, so upkeep with maintenance is a must. Shall I change coolant to be safe?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Have the trans fluid flushed and get a guage to monitor trans temp. With only 16K there shouldn't be too many issues. Someone a little more familiar with the 6.0 should chime in soon.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 was a very not so good year for the 6.0. You need to have the dealer pull an oasis report on it to see what your up against. Dont let the truck idle is your best advice. Run it hard, and run it often.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
run it!!! 16k is NOTHING!

it would be a good idea to monitor the temps and coolant because most of the issues with the 6.0 from what i hear is head gasket or oil cooler related, both effect the cooling system. if you do a search on coolant or maybe anti-freeze we just had a thread going on this topic. i would say if its clear (not cloudy) and the protection and sca levels are good, dont touch it. a lot of guys put a coolant filter on there, i plan on doing one soon.

Fine69

Reaction score
Grizz, what part of the 'burgh are you from? If you need a great dealer, go to Allegheny Ford on the South Side. They are Awesome to deal with, and have the BEST service department in Pittsburgh. Welcome to SDD!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Pull the plug on the egr. Get an oasis report and see whats been done to the truck. It won't be broken in for for another 4-6 thousand miles. 16k is NOTHING for that truck.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the plug on the egr. Get an oasis report and see whats been done to the truck. It won't be broken in for for another 4-6 thousand miles. 16k is NOTHING for that truck.

Why does everyone recomend just unplugging the EGR? thats just bizzar. It in NO way addresses the EGR problems AND makes the turbo stay in one position and limits the boost and this limits the trucks performance.

atk

Reaction score
Why does everyone recomend just unplugging the EGR? thats just bizzar. It in NO way addresses the EGR problems AND makes the turbo stay in one position and limits the boost and this limits the trucks performance.

works just fine on my truck with egr unplugged....

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Wrong. Try it on an earlier version and get back to us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg