New User

DieselMonkey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, Great site. I just picked up my second SD and retired a silly Dodge Hemi 2500, what was I thinking? Love the truck, I really missed that turbo diesel power and sound, nice to be with the living again. Question, does the 10k mod work on the '05 6.0 or is it even worth it? Thanks, I know I will really enjoy this site?

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome there DM !

Hmm - don't recall if I've heard anyone report the 10K mod helping the later engines... but someone more knowledge"able" than I will be along shortly...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DieselMonkey said:
Howdy all, Great site. I just picked up my second SD and retired a silly Dodge Hemi 2500, what was I thinking? Love the truck, I really missed that turbo diesel power and sound, nice to be with the living again. Question, does the 10k mod work on the '05 6.0 or is it even worth it? Thanks, I know I will really enjoy this site?

Welcome :thumbs I'm a 7.3 guy.... The 6.0 guyz will be along to answer your 10K question. This IS a great site. Welcome back to the Dezel world.

JOE

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DieselMonkey said:
Question, does the 10k mod work on the '05 6.0 or is it even worth it? Thanks, I know I will really enjoy this site?

Honestly, I dont know!!

The injectors in the 6.0 are very different from the 7.3's. In fact, the entire injection system is different! Hence the NIGHTMARE Ford and International had getting the injectors and programming to work during the 2003 model year.

In a nutshell, I want to say NO.

The Edge JUICE module for the 6.0 is kinda like a 10k mod. It plays with sensors to trick the computer into running more fuel and oil pressure. I dont follow 6.0 mods very much, so I cant say if there are homebrew versions.

I know on the 7.3 trucks, the Edge JUICE DOES plug into the same sensor as the 10k mod.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Welcome to the community! :sweet
Even though I have a 7.3 my dad has a 6.0 so I have done more and more learning on them. This is what I found, you can do the 10k on a 6.0. Evidently the ICP is a PITA to get to on the 03's and the best way is tap the wires comeing out of the PCM, but in late 04 they put the ICP in an easier place to find and trace the wires to tap easier. Evidently blackcloud makes a 18k mod for the 6.0's that works a little different than the 7.3 version.

My dad just called and he finally got one of the new SCT Xcalibrator2's with 3 programs, tow, econo, race, coming. The new versions read and clear codes and come with a usb cable for downloading. Evidently from the code's on his PCM along with the late build date, he has the 04 motor in his 03. Good to know considering the issues with the early 03's.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
DieselMonkey said:
Welcome aboard DM :sweet :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58