New wiring harness for 6.0

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother's excursion has a miss at 1200 rpm and up. Has anyone ever replaced the harness on their truck and if so, for what reason and did it help.

thanks

Jeff.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Can you get the skip to change by wiggling the harness, especially back by the FICM? Any codes? Did you do a balance test?

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My brother's excursion has a miss at 1200 rpm and up. Has anyone ever replaced the harness on their truck and if so, for what reason and did it help.

thanks

Jeff.

Yes i have replaced many fuel injector harnesses for running rough and miss fire concerns. As a matter of fact i got one in my bay right now!

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He did have the truck cold balance tested at Pro Diesel. The tech said it all checked out and their were no codes.

How hard is this harness to put on. Is it a diy project. They are on ebay for $109.00 does that sound right. If so, I am going to recommend that he purchase one unless you have other ideas.

Last edited:

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I have had an oddball problem the mechanics, I talk to, always tell me to check the wiring harnesses. Chafing is apparently a common problem.

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
He did have the truck cold balance tested at Pro Diesel. The tech said it all checked out and their were no codes.

How hard is this harness to put on. Is it a diy project. They are on ebay for $109.00 does that sound right. If so, I am going to recommend that he purchase one unless you have other ideas.

The fuel injector harness is pretty easy to do. take about an hour if you never done one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14