Newbe question

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Its like a ram air mod. Cut a hole in yer front radiator support I think to get fresh cool air into your air system. Look up in the upper right corner of this website and it will say WIKI. There are a bunch of articles about doin DIY (Do It Yourself) mods. Lots of good info in there. I personally have never done that mod. I hear it does help. Lots of guys on here have done it. I like the DIY intake using the napa open element airfilter. Makes a big diff on the 7.3s. Dont know if you can do that on yer yr of truck. Dont know much about the newer rigs.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Thank You.

To take it another step (?), beyond the possible cooler EGT's ?

Turbo's can, and will, compress cooler (more condensed) outside ambient air, more efficiently.. than Warmer air, drawn from under the hood... which is also, somewhat restricted by the clearance between the radiator support cowl, and the air filter inlet snorkel.

Theze Dezel's need Massive amounts of air. The "Zoodad" allowz for that. Cooler air too ;tu ;)

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
Dont forgot for those of us in the Snow areas that this can and has plugged air filters with snow. Think about where and when you will be driving and what your best option(s) are.

Who is thinking about snow in June when it's 97 degrees outside?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14