Newbe Questions

pacman99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I tried the search but couldn't get it too work. I'm not new to modifying vehicles, just new to diesels, I pick up my 00 Ext Cab, short bed, 4x4, 6 speed tomorrow. I've looked thru the site and like what I've seen but have a question.

I have a modified Suzuki Samurai for playing and there are a ton of home brew mods and swap over parts from other vehicles for them. Are there many mods you can do to the PS that don't involve spending lots of money? I saw the DIY big honking filter and plan on doing it, but what else can be done cheaply and easily to benefit the performance?

I don't think I'll ever need the big HP and Torque some of ya'll are doing. I've already got major overkill for what I will use it for, haul a 18ft flat trailer with the extra weight of the sami on it, approximatly 3500 LBS total, to rides in the SE and to haul my Sea Ray to the river, a whole 1.5 miles away. The hardest this one will work is my 64 mile round trip to work everyday. My son has a stock 99, identical to mine, I used when I thought I needed it, but usually didn't need the power it had.

Please ya'll chime in and educate an ole southern boy.

Thanks,

Don

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of Free or semi free stuff... Zoodad mod, Air intake heater delete, Removing the insulation on the intercooler tube, CCV mod, Muffler delete or BTM muffler, 10k mod, 18k mod, intank and pre pump mods... I have not looked in the WIKI myself but I am sure there are lots of those in there!!! If not shoot me a PM and I will walk you thru it!!!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O,Lord another one from Bama. Just hope your not any kin to our number one poster child Robert from up around Huntville.
Just kidding Don we are glad to have you here and ask all you want . There is someone here that has all ready done it to there trucks or just about to.
So kick off your boots and sat a spell and make your self at home.
I can't say any thing about people from Bama, I married one.:sweet :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14