Newbee from Dallas

Rockstarmarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Howdy from Dallas Texas! I'm new to the Super Duty, Diesel, and turbos. So I'm about as green as they come. I just bought a 2004 F250 Super Duty 6.0L Crew Cab Short Bed with 89k mi on it that my son thinks is a Monster Jam truck. (He's 3) I love this thing! Any and all advice is welcome. So, where should I start? MPGs would be nice.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome4 Rockstarmarine. You had better get yourself educated before you start throwing money at your truck. First thing you HAVE TO HAVE is gauges. Turbo Boost and EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) at the very minimum. You can do great damage to the pistons if your EGTs get over 1200° F for very long. The more fuel, the more power and the hotter the EGTs. Learning the balance will allow you to NOT rebuild your engine.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELCOME ;tu

Lotsa 6.0 guyz on here.. they'l give you the specifics, I'm sure. Any Mods ? If so.. fill out the "Your Signature" section on the Quick Links..Top Right of this page ?

Drive it well, Treat it Well, and *Maintain it* Well... those are the Main things.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com, glad to have you here, and what
Joe and Dave said is very true. I love my 6.0 and it treats
me well pulling my fifth wheel.
I am camped out just down the road from Dallas for the next few days
and I want to know who turned off the heat.
Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! Well you definately get better mpg's than the monster jam monster trucks:lmao.

Rockstarmarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! Im working on posting pics and listing all the mods on the truck that I can see anyway. I do know the dealership didnt know what size the lift was. Im not sure either but the top of my headlight sits at about 52". The dealership was an offroad Jeep dealer that didn't much about it but must of got a killer deal at an auction on it. I've got some friends from my time in the Marine Corps that work for CarMax and a few awesome mechanics that looked it over and gave me an over all good deal thumbs up on this truck. I trust these guys with my life so buying a car they look over is a no brainer. I am all about treating my truck right. I know that a well tuned, well kept machine will give back years of work and pleasure! Thanks for all the advice so far guys! So what kind of price range are we looking at with guages?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58