NEWBEE

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone-
Picked up a sweet '04 f350 sc lb xlt fx4 6.0 and LOVE HER!!! anyways- i would like to improve the performance and economy. interested in cold air, exhaust, oil by pass, throttle body spacer?, etc.. and maybe even propane...I am a bit nervous about a chip though..Need some help picking the manufacturers..ANY INFO would be greatly appreciated.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD D50E.

Lots of different options on the performance areas you want to change.

Lots off opinions too. Most will say to keep the stock air filter system and it is a good system. Probably the best bang for you buck in terms of exhaust would be a MBRP system.

The bestt tuner I have ran on my 6.0 is a custom tuned SCT tuner. It will also in tranny performance with quicker and smoother shifts.

Lots to consider eh? :sweet

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BSG- Thanks for the exhaust advice... You are right- there are a dizzying array of products(Probably a good thing)! Where did you get your head studs from and what brand head gaskets did you install?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
BSG- Thanks for the exhaust advice... You are right- there are a dizzying array of products(Probably a good thing)! Where did you get your head studs from and what brand head gaskets did you install?

The head studs were from Elitle. ARP head studs are cheaper but just as good according to thos who have bought them. The head gaskets are Ford OEM.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am with Bush on the stock trucks run great and reliable. By the way, there is no throttle body on these trucks, so no spacer.

Dave

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with Bush on the stock trucks run great and reliable. By the way, there is no throttle body on these trucks, so no spacer.

Dave
Thanks for the info Dave. . .I just turned 42k and i think my factory "rancho" shocks are exhausted... Looking at a set of bilstein 5100s. By the way what kind of gauges did you install/Are you happy with them?....etc. I am also currently shopping for a set of gauges myself. ANY input greatly appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14