New Owner! Newbie from CA

SuperB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What's up guys?!? New owner of an 06 F250, King Ranch, 4X4, 4 door, short bed, 6.0 PSD!

I thought I got the truck of my dreams until the first time I used it to pull my 26 ft toy hauler. I was going up Hwy 88 towards Nevada and just as I was getting to the top....I was coasting and when I went to give it gas nothing happened. And then she died and wouldn't start. Luckily we were traveling with another family and they called a tow truck when they got over the pass.

I had the truck towed to a diesel shop in Gardnerville,NV and they stayed late to get me going:clap: They had to replace the high pressure oil pump. I had them do the oil cooler too.

So I am a little disappointed and questioning my decision about this truck. I know things break but it is a bummer sitting in your new truck, with your family, waiting for a tow.

Well the drama is over and she's running good. Hopefully she'll last a long time!

Thanks in advance for all I'm going to learn from this site!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com. ;tu

Don't be disappointed. Things Happen. You got it fixed.. [Faithfully] do the required maintenance things on on your 6.0.. She'll last a Long, Long time... and serve you well.

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Stuff happens. My 2004 6.0 has been very good. I have never had a no start problem. I have changed the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) but it did not cause a no start, a hard start, yes.

Dave :coffee

Skydogfarms

SDD Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD! My 2005 has been a great truck. Six days a week I pull a 8,000 pound tractor to and from work. Like the other post said, do the required maintenance and she will last a long time.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com. We don't like to be on the side of the road in a new to us
truck, but that does happen. Maintenance on these trucks is the key and use
only Motorcraft filters when changing. How many miles is on the truck? Post up
a picture or two of it and your toyhauler.
Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry to hear about the break down but glad you got her fixed. Lots of great info and fellow 6.0 owners here. Enjoy yer stay!

SuperB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! WD40- she's got 75k miles. It's had the head gaskets w/studs, bulletproof egr cooler, oil pipe, high press oil pump and oil cooler done, synthetic oil w/revX additive, 3" lift and air bags. I'll post pics when I get to a computer. Hopefully she's set for a while. Also got the pillar 4 gauge setup. Looking forward to having her for a long time,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58