Newbie from NC.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all .... new the the PSD thing ... but I'm known in the Mustang & Ranger community. I just picked up a white '99 F-250, 7.3L PSD, 4x4. I'm lovin' it so far. This looks like a cool place, so I'll be around for a while. Now, I have some questions .....

1.) How do you tell if these trucks had keyless entry from the factory? I know on Ranger's & Stang's you can lock the doors and pull up on the handle. If the dome light lights up ... it has keyless. Is it the same for these trucks?

2.) I have an annoying chime (just like the seatbelt chime). It chime's at random (going down the road, too). Plenty of fuel. What would cause this?

3.) CURRENTLY, where is the cheapest place to get a CPS?

4.) My truck has a 6 prong connector out back. Also has a 4 prong connector plug. I need a 7 prong (for the trailer I use). Can I just get a pigtail for the 4 prong that converts it to the 7 prong?

BTW, I lost my digital camera ... so when I pick up another I can get some pics up.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Welcome aboard

SeventyMach1 said:
Hello all .... new the the PSD thing ... but I'm known in the Mustang & Ranger community. I just picked up a white '99 F-250, 7.3L PSD, 4x4. I'm lovin' it so far. This looks like a cool place, so I'll be around for a while. Now, I have some questions .....

1.) How do you tell if these trucks had keyless entry from the factory? I know on Ranger's & Stang's you can lock the doors and pull up on the handle. If the dome light lights up ... it has keyless. Is it the same for these trucks?
I'm geussing you dont have the key fobs? run the vin through oasis,to get a complete build sheet, and work done under warranty, most dealers will do it for free, but some may charge. does it have an aftermarket alarm system? a quick check is to lock the doors, then shut em and see if the lights flash , if they do then the advance security option is in and it requires the fobs, the number pad option wasnt available till 04,

2.) I have an annoying chime (just like the seatbelt chime). It chime's at random (going down the road, too). Plenty of fuel. What would cause this?
do you get a Water in fuel light on dash?, or any other warning lights on the dash
3.) CURRENTLY, where is the cheapest place to get a CPS?
powerstoke shop ( a supporting vendor), a phone call does wonders for prices :D
4.) My truck has a 6 prong connector out back. Also has a 4 prong connector plug. I need a 7 prong (for the trailer I use). Can I just get a pigtail for the 4 prong that converts it to the 7 prong?your truck from the factory should have a 4 and 7 pin out back, if its a 6 then its been added.
look under the right side of the bumper, up near the bottom of the bed, there is a few wiring connectors, theat "T" in to the factory wiring, yu can get a factory 7 pin to plug right in from ford or hoppy or a rv place or trailer place

some info from ford

BTW, I lost my digital camera ... so when I pick up another I can get some pics up.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome ..... and the advice!

So is this chime used for anything OTHER than the seatbelts? If not, I'm just going to unhook it. If I can't do that, I guess I will check to see if a connector is loose. Is that a tedious job, or what?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14