Newbie from Oregon

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I put on thousands of miles on a Motorcycle around there when I was a kid. Also learned to water-ski on Billy Chinook. Folks had a houseboat on the lake for a few years so we spent a quite a bit of time on the lake.

danno

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well they are really starting to crack down on the riding around there, which is a shame, we've play there now 34 years.

But here in Oregon there are a lot of sandal wear-in tree huggers that don't even know where the Jefferson wildness area is, but boy will they show up to the county meetings to shut it down and then drive off in oil burning 1966 Volkswagens:rant

Sorry, its a sore subject for me.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there!, I live in Eagle creek, but have a home at lake Billy chinook (Culver area)too were I really would like to be at right now with all the rain were getting!:dizzy

EAGLE CREEK :eek::eek:

I grew up in Esty/Barton (off Eden Rd.)

Small world sometimes eh ??

danno

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
EAGLE CREEK :eek::eek:

I grew up in Esty/Barton (off Eden Rd.)

Small world sometimes eh ??

Now that's funny stuff right there, yes I know exactly were you grew up.
My grandparents have lived in that area 60+ years!

danno

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I played there 1979-1994. Thats 29 years ago. Wonder if we ran into each other?

We may have, I have been boating over there since 1976.

What took you to Alaska? never been there but someday soon, I have a good friend that just bought a place on the Kaynine river and has invited my 5 year old and I up to go fishing, should be good fun!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's funny stuff right there, yes I know exactly were you grew up.
My grandparents have lived in that area 60+ years!

Yep, Small World sometimes. We also had property at Three Rivers.... I did'nt get to enjoy it much cuz I was in the Navy, but did make it over there 3-4 times for some Great Dirt Bike'n, Fishing'n Water Ski'n.

My Bro still lives in Esty. When we go to visit we RV at Barton Park. (hated to see the Ol' Barton Store go Mini Mart) Dad sold the place on the river, now lives off 82nd..Hates It ;)

Joe

danno

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yep, Small World sometimes. We also had property at Three Rivers.... I did'nt get to enjoy it much cuz I was in the Navy, but did make it over there 3-4 times for some Great Dirt Bike'n, Fishing'n Water Ski'n.

My Bro still lives in Esty. When we go to visit we RV at Barton Park. (hated to see the Ol' Barton Store go Mini Mart) Dad sold the place on the river, now lives off 82nd..Hates It ;)

Joe

The Barton store is now called the Barton Mercantile and owned by the same guy. When I was a kid my aunts mother and father in law owned the store.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Barton store is now called the Barton Mercantile and owned by the same guy. When I was a kid my aunts mother and father in law owned the store.

:lmao Well Mercantile, what ever.. The Ol' Store had some Class. We usta have our Deer & Elk butchered there and kept it in the old Meat Locker. Time goes on tho.

You mentioned the rain ? THATS exactly why I'm here.. In Central Cal ;):):lmao

Anyway.. Glad to have you here on SDD. Lots of knowledge here.;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58