Next step

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, pulled codes again and got a P0272, #4 balance fault. I'm thinking it's most likely a dead hole. What is my next step? The injectors tested fine on the buzz test but I don't have a clue. Pull the #4 injector and see how it looks? Pull it and rebuild it?

Sign me...mystified in Maple Valley :dunno

thanks
Ron

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
how many times have you dont the contribution test(CCT)?if only once do it a couple more times and see if #4 keeps comeing up.if it keeps saying #4 then you have a problem with that cylinder.you can do a compression test to see if its the cylinder or the injector,but you gotta pull all * glow plugs and the PCM fuse.another way to tell if its the injector is to swap #4 injector with another known good cylinder.then run the truck to get the air out of the fuel/oil systems and do the CCT again and see if the balnce fault follow the injector to the new cylinder or stays in #4 cylinder.if it follows the injector to the new cylinder than you have an issue with the injector but if the fault stays with the #4 cylinder then you have a problem with that cylinder.

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check you push rod and rocker first.but it problie the injector.just pull them all and send them to bean,he can rebuild them for you

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
depending on what the injector is doing you could end up with one of these.this is from my old engines that had a bad injector

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great... just what I need. I can't get it on the scanner until next week again and I've been running it this way for over a couple of months now.

I can find the firing order but how are they numbered? 2,4,6,8 on the drivers side or passenger?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14