NFL a league of gentlemen ???

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
so now that we have the third guy get shot and he might not make it.
is it time for the NFL to hold etiquette training for its players

the jaguar OT was not visiting a mid to up scale apartment complex in jacksonville, i know , i lived in jville far to long.
its a not nice hood with nothing but gansters and wanna be killers

is it to much to ask that the NFL or the teams start protecting the investment?
this guy had a rough start in shreveport and got his stuff toghether for awhile and went to college, yes he pleaded no contest to a DUI.
but, hey if had been uder a HOUSE rules of lets be upstanding citizens and roll models, maybe this wouldnt happen.

kids look up to these guys and they let us down but reverting back to the HOOD modis operandi.

2am in a black esacalade waiting for two ladies of questionable motives, they just picked up at a NIGHT CLUB, in the very hostile neighborrhood, known for killings, drugs and overall bad times for everyone
so now wayne weaver has to ask himself was the millions he paid out worth it???

:rant:rant

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An I.Q. test would probably be more appropriate. Out late at night in a $60,000 vehicle in an area that isn't desirable isn't smart. Unfortunately for him he may pay the ultimate price, which is sad.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's not a very nice neighborhood but historically better than it was in the past now you just need a concealed weapon not an AK on your shoulder and one on your body guard's also

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An I.Q. test would probably be more appropriate. Out late at night in a $60,000 vehicle in an area that isn't desirable isn't smart. Unfortunately for him he may pay the ultimate price, which is sad.

Not a good idea. With a IQ test, that would require a triple digit IQ, they would not be able to assemble 11 guys to play. The whole team would consist of quarterbacks. No running backs, no receivers, no defensive linemen.
The offensive line does need to think, but probably not three digits worth.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they need to have a triple digit IQ, but they could eliminate those who aren't able to pass a college entrance level exam. You may not have the highest caliber of player but you would get more D2 and D3 players who are able to follow the rules.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they need to have a triple digit IQ, but they could eliminate those who aren't able to pass a college entrance level exam. You may not have the highest caliber of player but you would get more D2 and D3 players who are able to follow the rules.

An IQ of 100 is average. You would think that these "College Graduates" could muster a 100 IQ. Some of them can not read or write, but they can catch a ball and run fast. Same thing in Professional Basketball.

The question is; what adds up to a 100 IQ? The answer is:

The defensive line for most NFL Teams.
The entire NBA
The World Professional Wrestling league,
and the first three rows of their fans.

Definitely not Mensa candidates.

Last edited:

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'll bow out of this one. I'll say this though it's a shame people put themselves in situations where this kind of stuff happens.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Atheletes are not rolemodels, well, at least 95% of them are not.

I do not wish my kids to look up to them at all on how they should live.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say that when i was a kid I just wasnt in to sports and my roll model was and still is my "Ol' Mans". I would rather be out hunting and fishing than playing any type of sport like that. I do enjoy watching football now (seems like a good excuse to drink beer) but I'm with Stephen on this one....roll models they are not! In recent years I have picked up on watching more college football than NFL.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
These guys provide society with entertainment and nothing more (yes there are the few that contribute their time and money to charity) They are well known and when they go out everyone knows who they are and what is in their pockets. I would say that most need to re-evaluate their place in society and maybe think about what their actions may bring. The Jags player put himself in that position. Maybe it will open up the eyes of others in his position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58