Nissan Titan/Cummins Engine

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I foresee high maintenance costs... something else driving the hybrid market instead of the clean diesel.. Tier 2 Bin 2 emissions will actually clean the atmosphere as you drive..

dpantazis

Reaction score
its about time! "if you build it, they will come"

first one out the gate with a 1/2 ton or a compact truck with an oilburner is going to gain HUGE marker share.

funny how the pictures smack of familiarity: cab off frame to access engine, the end of the motor is BURIED under the cowl.

they are aging talking about fuel economy in a smaller truck.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
its about time! "if you build it, they will come"

first one out the gate with a 1/2 ton or a compact truck with an oilburner is going to gain HUGE marker share.

Agreed.

A 1/2 ton truck with say a spark-plug-less V-6 engine that has the grunt of a big small block or even a big block is so past due it isn't even funny.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I saw the cab-off problem right away and thought high maintenance costs. That could kill this project. I hope not as we need smaller diesels.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it did not kill fords cab off problem and they still have a lot of truck sold

dpantazis

Reaction score
Well it did not kill fords cab off problem and they still have a lot of truck sold

look at that market segment though. you have 3 choices- ford, gm/chevy and dodge.

the only thing going for the dodge is the cummins. the truck wrapped around the motor itself is blah.

the only thing going for gm/chevy is the trans. the truck wrapped around it is so-so.

nuff said there.

the odds of pulling the cab off are pretty low for any one individual.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Put that lil cummins in a Ford and you really got somethin. Keep the money for the domestic companies. I know probably Nissan is mainly made here in the states but the damn foreign companies are takin this country over. :rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14