Nitro Shocks

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Well my shocks need to be replaced (stock) and Im looking to change them to Nitros, Im not sure what is all out there for the duallies, Im used to Jeeps..

So what shocks are recomended, I dont need to have the best of the best, Im just looking for somthing better than the stock ones, that are Nitros.. The truck is stock hight and the other info is in my signature

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I run low pressure Trail master SSV shocks and really like them. I have tried several different shocks including Rancho 9000 and a set of Skyjackers but the SSV outperforms them all. They are also the only ones I have found that have made it through more than one Alaska winter.

Trail Master’s premium shock the SSV (Speed Smart Valving™), provides “On-the-fly” ride adjustability without buttons or dials. Shocks are application specific and tested to produce the best ride and handling characteristics for each application. The SSV shocks include a large 2-3/8” diameter cylinder, black urethane bushings, and dust boots. SSV shocks have a low-pressure nitrogen gas charge, to reduce foaming, and out performs foam cell shocks.

BLUKTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am currently using Rancho 9000's and and I am really not impressed. The adjustment knobs/valves began to get strange within a few months and I didn't really notice much of a ride/handling improvement over the stock shocks. I have Bilsteins on my other vehicle (4 Runner) and the seals didn't last long, they have beel leaking for quite some time now. So I personally wouldn't recommend either brand. I would take Crumms advise and purchase the Trail Master SSV's. If they hold up well to the conditions that Crumm puts them through in Fairbanks, AK, they would probably hold up ANYWHERE! Just my .02. Pete

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Problem I had with the 9000's was that the seals blew out the first time it hit -40. I had the in-cab remote control for them and you could tell a little difference in the ride when you adjusted them but not enough to justify the cost. They do have warranty when the seals blow but I am not really into changing shocks twice a week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14