Help Needed No 4x4 esof indicator light not coming on

wally2006

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2006 6.0 auto F-350, this morning went out to plow some snow and the 4x4 is not working. Last year i replaced the ball joints and all the seals on the front axles. 4x4 was working a week ago. Today i went out to plow, switched (esof) into 4x4 hi and i get nothing. No 4x4 hi, no 4x4 lo, no indicator light, nothing. Got out and locked the hubs into lock and still no 4x4 at all. I've checked the fuses under the dash and under the hood, all good there. Any ideas? TIA.

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
The first thing to check out would be the motor on the transfer case. Make sure it did not get physically damaged or come unplugged. It probly would not hurt to unplug it and make sure the pins are not corroded.
Ken

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
The first thing to check out would be the motor on the transfer case. Make sure it did not get physically damaged or come unplugged. It probably would not hurt to unplug it and make sure the pins are not corroded.
Ken

x2
especially the corroded pins part..
might have got moisture in it and is frozen, too...

ghoff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's been a while but you should be able to remove motor from t-case and check actuation. They do go bad from sitting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58