No 4x4 light?

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go out in the snow this morning, haven't been in 4x4 since last winter, try to engage and nothing happens. I hear a solenoid click under the dash but no 4x4 light in lo or hi plus no 4x4. Maybe the connector came loose from the transfer case...but now way I'm crawling under there to find out:) Anything else? I have manual hubs.
Jesse

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as much as you don't want to, that is the first thing I would check.:sorry The wire loom that hooks onto the engagement actuator on the transfer case is routed along the transmission crossmember,under the tranny so a lot of times can get caught on something or frayed/broken. also check the fuses. I am not sure if the fuse for the 4x4 is under the dash or in the hood, but it would be good to check that as well, especially since you don't get a light. If all that checks out you may want to tap (gently) on your 4x4 actuator. since you didn't use it for a year, you may have developed corrosion/whatnot.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10a fuse under dash is fine, 30a fuse under hood is fine. I take it back, I don't hear any noises when I flip the switch on the dash. I hit the switch and flipped it back and forth several times to no avail. I tapped what I thought to be the ESOF relays #1 and #2. If they are the ones right next to the under hood fuse panel running parallel to the front of the truck. If it is the connector under the truck, wouldn't the relay's be popping and the light be turning on I just wouldn't get 4x4, or is the light a result of satisfactory transfer case engagement? Looks like I need to know the circuit so I can track down where it's broken.
Jesse

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14