Question No acceleration after start up

butch2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 7.3 is getting a little harder to start now that the cooler weather is here , But when it does there is no smoke etc ?
The real issue I am having is it will not accelerate for at least 5 min ? after staring it will idle , put in gear and push the pedal nothing ?
any idea's

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The throttle pedal? It is electronic and may have died. Get a scanner and scan your truck and give up the codes it shows. This will narrow the search, otherwise we all are guessing.

Dave

pappy19

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The throttle pedal? It is electronic and may have died. Get a scanner and scan your truck and give up the codes it shows. This will narrow the search, otherwise we all are guessing.

Dave
I agree and this would be the first thing I would try. An easy fix.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dave

Yep.

Look for scan codes having to do with the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

You might also look at, and around yer throttle pedal for loose wires ? You may have kicked something loose ?

Joe

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When pushing the pedal you should hear a faint click.
It's no guarantee but you should get a check engine light for the throttle pedal.
I had done some reading on adjusting the pedal. Adjusted the IVS a little bit too much, so intermittently I would get dead throttle and check engine light. Eventually bent it back.

I've also had the ICP sensor cause throttle issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58