No Air Condition

chrispugs1967

chrispugs
Reaction score
I have warm air comming out when i put on the air condition, i checked presure and it was low so i tried recharging the system but it slowly leaks out somewhere. Is there a way to find this leak or is it easier to bring the truck in to get repaired.

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Take the system to a full Vacumm and recharge the system with the full Charge (My 99 takes 2.8lbs of R134 there sould be a label on the right front of engine compartmet in front to the right battery. ) Have leak detection dye installed and run your A/C. The dye will pin point your A/C Leak. Also dampness on A/C hoses of the compressor could indecate leakage as the Compressor oil will attract dust in the damp spots.
PHX F 250

jagla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just went through a painful repair of the AC System. Bickford Ford missed on their checklist that the unit was broken when I bought my 2006 SD Diesel this last winter. Just had Evergreen repair the AC Accumulator and AC Compressor - $1900! As a note, also Bickford was claiming that the tires were OK with good tread . . . which was not the case. Old Bickford Service = Good, New Bickford Service = Bad. Does the all inclusive lifetime warranty cover an AC failure?

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris, you might also refer to the "AC Info" post for some tips. I'm still working to fix my a/c problem, probably this weekend when I'll have more time to devote to it.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
if the system is charged up you can go old school and use soapy water, spray all the conections and the one making small or what ever size bubbles is your problem :O) dont do on a vaccum, dont want soapy water in system

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14